sell your houseInterior-Design-Tips


It’s not small; it’s intimate and cozy.

That should be your marketing mantra when you’re selling a tiny home in Milwaukee. One of the biggest challenges associated with owning a small home is making the space appear bigger than it really is. If you’re wondering “how can I sell my house fast in Milwaukee when there’s not a lot of square footage,” worry not—you’ve come to the right place!

In this post, we share the top ten interior design tips you can use to make your home feel larger. If you implement these tips correctly, it’s likely you’ll be able to enjoy a quick and smooth home sale.

1. Declutter

Irrespective of your home’s size, if you’re hoping to sell your house fast in Milwaukee, you’ve got to declutter first. Too much stuff can make your home look cramped and tiny.

Start by going through your belongings. Identify what needs to be kept and what can be discarded or donated. Your goal should be to clear items off the floors and make your closets feel roomy and spacious. If possible, place a few things—winter clothing, extra gadgets, etc.—in temporary storage until you complete the sale.

2. Light It Up

Proper lighting will make your home more attractive. Make sure you open all the windows and throw back the curtains and blinds to bring in plenty of natural light. During open houses and showings, turn on all the overhead lighting to make the space appear bright and welcoming. If you notice a few corners and nooks that aren’t getting adequate lighting, buy some floor lamps to light up these areas.

3. Create Designated Zones

Divide your home into specific sections. For example, the upstairs may just be for bedrooms. Similarly, all lounging and leisure areas can be on the ground floor. Remember to arrange furniture accordingly, and don’t forget that carpets and rugs are great at masking floor defects.

4.Use The 80:20 Rule

The 80:20 rule can help you create the illusion of more space. Interior designers swear by this rule. Essentially, 80% of the area, including your large furniture, should be a neutral color. The remaining 20% should display pops of color. For example, an oversized couch in beige or white is the perfect backdrop for colorful cushions, textured throws, lamps, accessories, and other colorful furniture.

5. Match The Couch With Your Walls

Another decorating tip that can make your rooms appear larger is to use a neutral-color couch that matches the walls behind it. This gives the illusion that the couch is blending in with the background and makes the space seem more cohesive.

6. Avoid Bulky Furniture

Wherever possible, use lightweight furniture. Look for low-profile chairs without arms and sleek coffee tables. Stay away from oversized, heavy furniture like chests and large dressers. Refrain from giving into the myth that pushing all your furniture against the walls can make your room feel larger. In fact, positioning the couch a few inches away from the walls adds “breathing room,” making the room feel larger.

7. Invest In Space-Saving Furniture

If you own a tiny home, using space-saving furniture can help create the illusion of more space. For example, consider purchasing a trundle bed that folds up when not in use.

8. Create An Upscale Balcony

You can turn the balcony into an extra living space. Add high-quality outdoor furniture to make the balcony feel grand and impressive. That said, avoid overcrowding the balcony, as doing so can make the space feel claustrophobic.

9. Add Mirrors

Mirrors are an inexpensive fixture that you can use to amplify available light and make the room appear bigger and brighter. Along with mirrors, you can add other reflective surfaces like lamps, glass accessories, and mirrored tables to create the same effect.

10. Go Bold With The Artwork & Accessories

Contrary to popular belief, adding large, bold artwork won’t overpower a small room. Instead, it opens up the space and creates a bold focal point. Avoid scattering smaller prints around the room, as doing so can make the space look chaotic and busy.

Use these ten design tips to make your tiny home appear bigger. If it looks spacious, more buyers will be interested in purchasing it.